Post OfficeThis allows players to send invitations to their friends to play Tiny Village via Facebook, email or SMS in order to promote the game. It gives 5 to each recipient when they install the game.
This Building is special:
- Each village can only have one post office
- Can be upgraded
- Can send invitations to fellow friends in Facebook or by email or SMS
- Can gain based on the invitations
Another Requirement is you must have at least Tiny Village Version 1.10.1
How To Get Social Currency
Social Currency () can be earned by inviting your friends to play Tiny Village using Facebook or email or SMS. Currently your invited friends do not have to answer or download the game if they do not wish to. It is also earned when leveling up - see Level.
Steps to Invite using Post Office
|1. Click the Post Office building when the building is NOT under construction or upgrade process.|
|2. It will open a new screen of expanded Information about the Post Office.|
|3. If the building is eligible to be upgraded, the Upgrade button will be green. Press it to Upgrade.|
|4. To gain more Social Currency, press the Invite Friends! button.|
|5. It will open a screen - the same as the Tiny Social screen - Invite tab.|
|6. The screen will go back to Step 5.|
From Level UpIn Version 1.11, When achieving a success (for example by obtaining a higher level), you can also get Social Currency () by publishing the success directly from Tiny Village to Facebook (see picture below) and also get 100 .
At the moment only email is known.
Inside the message there will be link to TinyCo specific site and it will a open a new web browser window
The link from Facebook Invitation should be open in the gadget (assume the same with Email)
|Unknown (on Version 1.10.1, update already include permission to use SMS service, but this features seem have not complete)|
How to Spend Social Currency
You can spend your earned social currency by using it to upgrade your Post Office, and starting 17 May 2012, you can also use it to purchase items from the village shop/build menu.
|Size||Tax||Cost||Requires||Max||Build||XP Gain||Hurry Cost|
|Park Bench||3x3||150 / 6h||10||Level 6||5||2h||0||12|
|Dino Painter||3x3||250 / 6h||15||Level 10||5||8h||0||48|
|Berry Patch||4x4||350 / 5h||25||Level 16||5||10h||0||60|
|Store||Costs||Size||Build Time||House Slots||Requires||Max||Notes||XP Gain||Item Name (Time/Resource/Coins/XP)||Hurry Cost|
|4x4||8h||0||Level 6||~||Coins and XP from Resources ()||775||
- When Receiving the 5 from accepting Invitation, you could also get 1 Palm Trees or 1 Heart Rose Bush inside the Inventory (depending on type of operating system?, to be confirmed)
- Attention: Tapping on the Post Office will break your chain (it will not start a chain either).
Tips and Tricks
- Using invite system, you can send Invitation using email to your own gadget phone email and then open the link in the gadget email to get 5 for free for yourself.
- This trick can be done when you have more than one email editor in Android (such as Gmail and Yahoo). When using Email as the Invite method, pressing EMAIL icon multiple times will make the android open a dialog box to choose the email app for multiple times also. When you press Back multiple times to cancel the dialog box, actually you already gain many
- When using Facebook as the Invite method, the same with previous Email method, pressing Cancel in the last Dialog box to send to Facebook will also give without sending anything.
- In Version 1.11, Storage no longer hold Social Currency / Social Resource.
Social Currency amount can also be view from the Storage and slide up the resource to view the 8th resource. The maximum amount is small so its easily max out when using the tips and tricks method and when the storage is max out, it will shows a max out icon (!)
- Social Currency can also be called Friend Tokens.