This building is unique because:
- Each village can only have one market.
- It can not be placed in inventory once it has been built and placed in your village (similar to a Magic Rock).
- You must have a resource collector present in your village to buy resources from the market (although this was not always the case) - see Unconfirmed statements for a discussion.
- It is not necessary to assign a villager to a resource collector in order to use the market for that resource. Buying and selling can still occur but the collector must be out in the village and cannot simply be in inventory for the market to be open. At a minimum newer villages therefore need to keep a 5x5 space free to swap resource collectors in and out of inventory temporarily while buying or selling resources. In this way, some of the more recent villages can look like the older villages (which do not have this requirement) for most of the time, with no resource collectors and few villagers visible. Of course, any resource collector with no worker assigned cannot produce resources of its own, however, the market will be open for that resource.
- This building can be found in the resource category.
- The market can not be put into inventory
- On April 18, 2012, on the Tiny Village Facebook Page there was an announcement on a recent price change (the price of and are very low) in the form of Blogger news apparently just like a review of stock market fluctuations found in real life. See here for Facebook Post Link and see here for Blogger "Tiny Village: Today on Stone Street Market".
Market Price Raw Data and Market Forecast
For those players that would like to have the Market Price Raw Data and/or would like to have more information on Market Prices in the (near) future, please take a look at the Market Forecast page.