From version 1.11 on, the collection of taxes has a new feature (announced as the Collection Game). When two and more taxes are collected in a short period of time (in a row) a bar appears a the top of the screen. The bar is named 'Chain' with the number of items from which taxes has been collected in a row added to it at the left side under the bar.
Ending The Chain
Ending a chain happens when:
- a player finishes the collections of coins
- The maximum time allowed time between two coins collected expires, a warning a given by a change in the bar changing its colour with diagonals bright/vague of the colour of the bar;
- 89 coins have been collected (note: a new chain will start, the bonus is paid; see the picture, where a new chain is displayed together with a Total Bonus).
The chain also ends when:
- a player taps more than once on an store or decoration that does not have taxes to collect followed by a tap on the dialogue pop-up;
- taps on the Post Office, which opens the Post Office screen (the Post Office will not start a chain either);
- taps on the Hotel Prehistoria (tapping on the Hotel Prehistoria will not start a chain either);
- taps on any item that collects or only (for example Windmill, Wooden Bridge, Garden, Howling Cave, Giant Fly Trap and Great Pyramid).
Bonus = cumulative collected * bonus percentage
First collected tax does not count
What is the bonus percentage
Examples of bonus total calculations
If another 50 Palm Trees (see All Decorations) would have been included in the Chain, the Total Bonus would have been: (32*300 + 50 * 2 ) * 10% = 9700 * 10% = 970 .
This can also be calculated using a spreadsheet for the calculation of the Total Bonus
Table Chain Bonus Percentage
according to Data at 16 July 2012
(7 May 2012)
|Step||Colour||Descriptor||Start||End||Timer (s)||Bonus Percentage|
|1||Blue||1|| 3 ||6||0%|
|2||Green||Great|| 4 || 9 || 6 || 2% |
|3||Yellow||Super|| 10 || 15 || 5 || 3% |
|4||Orange||Awesome|| 16 || 23 ||3|| 4% |
|5||Red||Incredible|| 24 || 33 ||2|| 5% |
|6||Pink||Marvelous|| 34 || 43 || 2 || 6% |
|7||Blue||Spectacular|| 44 || 53 || 2 || 7% |
|8||Brown||Stupendous|| 54 || 65 ||1|| 8% |
|9||Black||Astonishing|| 66 || 77 ||1|| 9% |
|10||Light Blue||Impossible|| 78 || 89 ||1|| 10% |
The data between
(brackets and striken through) represents version 2 of the chain and is included for comparative reasons
A new chain can be started. The Total Bonus of the first (earlier) chain will be paid into your coin balance.
- It appears that the very first tax collected does not influence the end bonus achieved, nor does the order in which you collect the taxes.
- The higher numbers in the chain require quicker tapping, so it could be useful to wait until all taxes are visible and have all elements (decorations, stores) with the same time to collect tax close together. Starting with collection taxes from dinos could be a good way as well, as the collection requires an additional step.
- It is always worth completing a bar. Try to have some small (one or five) minute items as well and add these at the end.
- This blog gives a rundown on how to maximise the bonus from the chain.
- On the iPod Touch, if you lock the device mid-chain, then unlock the device soon after, the chain will still be active and useful. Meaning, you can keep collecting taxes to add more to the chain. This might not work if the game must re-load, so this will only work for taxes that collect in short amounts of time.
- TinyCo Facebook announcement of change in Coin Collection minigame